ICP License Application Procedure
As per the existing laws and regulations of the ministry of industry and information technology of the People’s Republic of China, all websites hosted on a server in mainland China must first obtain an ICP license. We have prepared this short guide to assist Hostinginchina clients to understand better about the required documents and the application procedure.
1) Copy of original of the business license in China, with the company seal on it
2) Domain name certificate
3) ID card copy of contact person (must be Chinese national)
4) Photo ID of contact person (must be Chinese national)
5) Signed ICP application forms: Information to provide on the forms include:
-Your official company name
-Your company registered address
-Name of the company investor(s)
-Type of company
-Contact person ID card number, mobile number, office line number, email account
-Website information (domaine name, homepage, name of the website, type of website, type of content)
All forms are provided in Chinese and should be filled in Chinese only.
1) Purchase the relevant China hosting plan through our website.
2) Download the basic information form and send back to us by email (email@example.com)
3) After receiving our confirmation, download the ICP application form and fill it as per listed requirements.
3) Prepare the required documents as per above
4) Send us all documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Your application will be forwarded to the relevant department within 48h of receipt.
1) We are unable to apply for licenses under individuals
2) Foreign passport holders cannot be contact person for the website
3) The application takes from 3 to 6 weeks on average depending of type of website and province of registration of the company
4) After application is successfully submited please do not contact us for updates. Once approved (or denied) your provided contact person will be informed directly by the ICP bureau. Hostinginchina does not have any mean to track on the status of an application.
5) Foreign companies (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) cannot apply for an ICP license
6) The ICP license cannot be applied for a website not hosted within mainland China
7) For new .cn domain names an ICP license is required prior to activation by the registrar
8) We can help to apply for the ICP license only for websites hosted on Hostinginchina’s servers
9) Our service fee for assisting in the ICP license application is $50 (one-time).